How to Choose the Best Home Security System
Home security alarm systems act as a great deterrent for keeping out intruders, but with so many options available, how do you choose the best one for you and your family. Here will discuss a the essential criteria you can use to evaluate home security alarm systems. That way you can make a decision that best fits your needs.
First, consider how the particular security alarm system you are evaluating communicates to the monitoring center. There are various setup options which include:
- Landline: Sends a signal to the appropriate support center is through landline phone. This system is not as reliable as other options, as the signal can go out if the phone line gets cut.
- Cellular: Considered more reliable because the signal won’t be cut if the phone line goes down. It is also faster at communicating a signal to the monitoring center than a landline phone.
- Broadband: An option 4x faster than a landline connection. It is less reliable than cellular, but is also less expensive.
When it comes to home security alarm system installation, you have two options. You can either get a professional installation or a DIY installation. Some companies offer one or the other, while other companies make you choose between the two. Here’s what you need to know:
- Professional Installation: Generally requires an installation fee, but it ensures you get your home security alarm system installed properly and no mistakes are made. These can be wireless or hardwire. Make sure to find out in advance if a landline is required.
- DIY Installation: Allows you to install the home security system by yourself. You are typically mailed the system and instructions for set up. Most home security alarm systems take about 30 to 40 minutes to get up and running and tend to be a great choice for renters who change addresses frequently.
HOME AUTOMATION OPTIONS
Finally, you want to see what type of home automation options are available, such as mobile app monitoring. Ask the following questions:
- Can you remotely arm and disarm the security alarm system?
- Can you control lighting and thermostat?
- Can you control appliances?
- Can you remotely view recorded video?
GET THE TOP HOME SECURITY ALARM SYSTEM
When it comes to finding the top home security alarm system, you have many options to choose from. Make sure to think critically about the system that works best for you needs. Also, consider price, customer service and company history and don’t forget to look at online reviews.
At NCA Alarm, we offer what we consider to be the best home security alarms in Nashville. Whether you live in an home, apartment or condo, we have alarm systems that can meet your needs. In addition, we offer 24/7 support, so you get the support you need when you need it. Learn more today by contacting us at (615) 777-7622.