When you think of your home, you think of a safe haven.
Your home is the single most expensive investment you have made in your life and as such it is important that you do all that you can within your power to ensure that it is secure. Discussed herein are a couple of home security tips, as well as alarm monitoring service ideas, which you can apply in your home so as to safeguard it from thieves, trespassers, intruders and burglars amongst other unwanted people.
– Make certain you can view clearly what is taking place outside your house through the windows. In case there are bushes and trees that are preventing you from seeing your front and backyard, you may not be able to see if an intruder is trying to vandalize or break into your property. It is important that you trim all the bushes and trees in your compound so that you can have a clear view.
– Make certain that the doors and windows in your house are robust and that the locks are of high quality. It is always important to keep your house under lock and key whether you are in or not.
– To detect movement outside your house at night, it is vital that you install motion sensors which will immediately switch on the security lights and sound an alarm in some cases.
– Install a wall safe where you can store all the valuables you have in the house. Jewelries and other valuable items should never be left lying anywhere in the house. If you do not have a wall safe then you can use locked drawers. However, it is highly recommended that you invest in a good wall safe that cannot be removed where you can keep all your valuables.
– In case you have cash, jewelry as well as other valuables which you hardly use, then you can keep them in a safety deposit box at the bank.
– If you are planning on going for a vacation, make sure that your home looks occupied. You can make prior arrangements with your neighbor or friends to be collecting your mail and newspaper. In addition, you can invest in a home automation system for lights. This will ensure that lights come on at a certain time and are switched off at a particular time. Hiring a house sitter is also a good option.
– Never keep a spare key to your house under a doormat, over a doorframe, underneath a rock or somewhere near the house where someone can easily guess. Home intruders are familiar with all the likely places you can keep a spare key.
– Join your local neighborhood watch. With this type of arrangement, your neighbors will constantly keep an eye over your house and you’ll do the same in return.
– Contemplate making use of modern home security devices such as hidden surveillance security cameras, door and window alarms amongst others. Your first step towards securing your home entails installing a basic home security system. Alternatively, you can hire the services of a security monitoring company that will immediately notify the police once the alarm in your house goes off.